Saturday, January 24, 2009

Week Three

Previous Weight: 210
New Weight: 209
Weight Loss This Week: 1 pound
Total Weight Loss: 16 pounds

Well, the numbers aren't as impressive this week, but I don't feel discouraged.  I was a little disappointed when I first read the scale, but then I remembered that this is what happened the first time I went on the diet too.  I lost a lot of weight in the first two weeks, and then it got a lot slower.  Plus, I had a good week!  I ate the same as I have been, and I worked out every school day.  I feel good, and I'm now only wearing size 34 pants.  So I'm moving on to Phase 2 today, which means I got to eat oatmeal for breakfast!  It may not sound too exciting, but I've been craving oatmeal for 2 and a half weeks!

My work out schedule:
We live close to the gym, and my schedule this semester allows me to go every day for a bit.  So I start with some basic pillates, then I lift weights, and then I do cardio for 30 minutes.  I also have a pillates class once a week.  I worked out a lot this week, and I am so sore!!!  I'm so sore that I am surprised when I walk past a mirror and don't see a ripped stud staring back at me.  The image in the mirror just does not match the soreness in the body!  But I'm glad to be working out!  It feels good!

6 comments:

  1. Great Richie! You probably lost inches this week. I'm sure that Phase 1 produces a lot of weight loss and teaches you to lose weight when you need to. (Jump starts your weight loss) When you diet your body becomes more efficient. (survival mechanism) When you begin dieting your body senses that it is starving and hormonal changes occur which makes you more fuel efficient. That is why weight loss plateaus. Eating stops the production of starvation hormones and increases metabolic rate. As you eat more, your body increases metabolic rate to prevent obesity. Don't they encourage you to go to phase 3 and eat more food when you reach another plateau. Then in phase 3, you should wait to go back to phase 1 until you gain 2-3 lbs. That is simple science. If it is so simple why don't I stick to that plan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like this is working out to be a good thing for you! It will be a bitter-sweet day when I cannot call you my tubby mexican friend any longer...
    But now, following suit with you and Katy, I have started my own motivator blog so that I can get in a shape I am happy with. http://nthutch.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Richie! Awesome job! 16 pounds is nothing to sneeze at.

    I started a blog too--thanks to the inspiration I received from you and Lanny! http://flabulous2009.wordpress.com. Hopefully we can all keep each other motivated! :)

    Loves,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job buddy! Glad to see you're hitting the gym too. That's really the most important part! You can eat healthy all you want, but if you don't have the fitness to go with it, it's too easy to put all the weight back on.

    So here's to being a couple of tough hombres! Maybe sometime in the next few years we can do the Lyric together and go get into a bar fight at "The Owl" just to prove how tough we are ;)

    Love ya man, good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so proud of you. Week three can be a tough one too. good luck! I am super proud of the size 34 pant! GO RICHIE!

    ReplyDelete