Saturday, January 17, 2009

Week Two

Previous Weight: 216
New Weight: 210
Weight Loss This Week: 6 pounds
Total Weight Loss: 15 pounds!

I'm down 15 pounds, I can fit snugly into a 34 pant, and I feel great!  I've finished two weeks of Phase 1 of The South Beach Diet, but I think I'm going to stay on Phase 1 for another week.  My friend Lanny, and my sister Kd inspired me to make some specific goals.

Weight.  As of right now my goal weight is 180.  We'll see when we get there.  I'm not as concerned with what the scale says as I am with my pant size, how I feel, and what I look like in the mirror.

Pant size.  I was shocked last fall when I fit into a size 34.  I thought there was no way.  Now, I'm almost back into a 34, and I've still got a big belly.  So my goal is to get into a 32.  This is my goal for a couple reasons.  1 - 32 is my favorite number, and 2 - if I get into a 32, my waist will be the same as my inseam, which seems like an appropriate thing.

Belly.  I don't want a belly.

So those are my goals at this point.  We'll see how they evolve.  Before I end this post I just want to thank Chrislynn for all she does to help me and keep our family healthy.  This would be impossible if Chrislynn wasn't so good at making delicious Phase 1 approved meals!  She's also really hot, and that gives me incentive to not be a fatty, mc'fat, fat.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah for concrete goals! Oh, and by the way, Clay has a 34 inch waist -- just thought you should know how skinny you really are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm.... you have inspired me. Can we talk?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that South Beach... My husband does it all the time and I tell you what it works wonders on keeping healthy!! Good luck Adam is in process and getting ready to get off of phase 1... I think he lost 23 pounds in two weeks.... Good luck and happy eating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! Your on your way!
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. way to go my friend. 15lbs! wow. You inspired me.
    melstrainingblog.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go Richie, that is awesome! 15 lbs is a crazy amount in two weeks. It's like your on "The Biggest Loser" or something :) Hang in there, you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete